Subscribe to my full feed.

Hot Dog!

Our dog, Petey, is a one-way walker. What that means is, he's very happy to go for a walkie, but on the way home, he drags his feet.

Earlier today, we went for a long walk. It's a beautiful day out and Petey has not been getting his daily walks anyway. (bad girl, mommy)

Sure, it looks beautiful out the window, and a walk sounded great, but I didn't take into account, the heat factor and us getting hotter and hotter along the way. This is Oregon,
c'mon, how hot can it get? I'm a California girl, and Portuguese, I can take it!

We were more than 1/2 way along when I was beginning to regret the mid-day walk. Darn,
shoulda waited 'til the cool evening. Oh, yeah, couldn't, then the hardware store would be closed.

I called Ace Hardware to see if they happen to carry bike tire tubes, yep &
yay!
Get all the way down there and guess what? They don't have our size. Just my luck. Oh, I've got to stop saying things like that.

So, it's hot out, I'm carrying an old bike tire tube flopping about, and it's hot out, oh and it's hot and the dog is hot. On the way home, I made Petey walk as much as I could force him to, even though he knows and I know, we both know the usual routine is I scoop him up and carry the little bugger all the way back home. I don't know what it is about him and walks home, but he pulls that trick
every time. He plants his feet and if you pull him, he pulls his body backward and I end up giving in because he's just too darn cute when he looks up at me with that squidgy face black mask, dam dog.

But today I was in no mood for
cutesieness and he was baffled. He looked up at me as if to say, "What thuh?" or maybe he was just saying, "Beeyotch!" Either way, it didn't work.

I dragged and dragged and made his little feet move. He did it for a few blocks too, but then the funniest thing and I really wish I had it on video. He just dropped and lie down, blammo. For a second I was dreading I may have killed my dog from heat stroke, but only for a second. He didn't fool me long, he was just being
mr. spoiled stubborn again. He was done and he knew I wouldn't literally draaaaag his body along, so he was pretty smart pulling that trick.

I scooped him up and we continued our way home. That last leg of the walk just so happens to be ALL UP HILL. At least I got a workout out of it.

I had to chill on the couch for a bit, but then I was craving hot dogs with sour
krout. Yummers. Haven't had that in years. I got the fixins at the store the other day and after that long hot walk with my hot doggy, it was time to dig in.
No, Petey got NO bites!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment