Subscribe to my full feed.

Pekingese Ears

Time to clean Petey's ears! This time I took before and after pics. Here's a silly little video that set the ear cleaning into motion this morning.

I am having some difficulty with the camera lately; partly due to my daughter taking it outside so much with her friends and smudging up the lens and partly because I am not very patient. I sure hope it has nothing to do with some malfunctioning of the camera. I am thinking I won't let the kid have such free reign with an expensive digital camera. Ok, so it wasn't break the bank expensive, but it was still around $200. Besides, it's our first digital camera and it needs to last.

Here are Peter's (R) and (L) ears before:

(R) (L)

In the video, he was scratching away at his (R) ear, but I was surprised to see his (L) ear is worse. Also, you can see their pretty hairy, like a dirty old man, ha ha! Too bad the pics are a bit out of focus. The after shots are even worse, focus anyway. But you can see I shaved the ears and put in medicine.

Only one shot of the 'after' turned out well enough to post.

By the way, we have burned through 2 Wahl clippers, and these 'Andis' brand clippers are incredible! They have lasted much longer than the 2 Wahls AND they do a much better job. They just gliiiiiiide through his thick, tough coat. Petey's Pekingese coat grows fast and thick. These Andis clippers are a lifesaver. (that's just a shot of the small, cordless one I use for his ears. We also shave him with a full size Andis.

There's a great cleanser that loosens up and removes icko gunk and it miraculously washes out smell. It's great stuff! And the medicine I put on after the cleaning, is to help kill and prevent bacterial and yeast infections, also, really great product. Peter's ears used to be much worse. He was in pain, his ears were swollen and stinky and he would drive us bonkers with his noisy fussing around the house. We went through several products before I finally found these two that are the magic combination, at least for Petey's ears!

The bottle on the left is MalAcetic HC.
Acidifies, ph Adjusting & all natural cleanser. This stuff is awesome! We love it! Petey loves it too. He really feels refreshed and perrty. He gets embarrassed if his ears are stinkywinky.

The bottle on the right is Zymox, three point enzyme system with hydrocortisone(1.0%) This keeps his recurring ear gunk at bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment